Customized Millwork Cabinet Drawings for CNC Mass Production
The Client - Specialized Custom Casework and Cabinet Manufacturer
The client is an institutional casework manufacturer specialist in cabinet and countertops. Over two decades into the business, the client is known as a certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE). They have a team of skilled craftsmen dealing with projects concerning commercial and custom architectural cabinets. With a high-tech facility and state-of-the-art technology, their manufacturing units are guided by experienced staff for great results. Delivering products across the US, the client has served many schools, banks, offices, hospitals, and other commercial establishments.
Project Requirement – Millwork Drawings for Kitchen and Other Custom Cabinets
After learning about IndiaCADworks (ICW) as a millwork service provider from the web, the client contacted our team for this Cabinet Vision project. The client had the requirements for creating millwork drawings using Cabinet Vision software. They wanted ICW’s team to develop custom cabinet designs by adapting the type of materials, styles, and settings from their previous projects. The input files and the deliverables of the project were as follows:
Input files received from the client:
- Working drawing of the cabinets
- List f the cabinet types and the dimensions
- Sketch of the area where the cabinets would be placed
Deliverables requested by the client:
- Cabinet Vision drawings
- Cut lists to be used for CNC production
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Visualizations with the color and texture
Challenges Faced by the IndiaCADworks Team
As our millwork team has worked on several similar cabinet design projects, there wasn’t any challenge from the technology standpoint. However, initially understanding the client’s requirements, especially adapting the styles saved in their Cabinet Vision settings, was a challenge. This was overcome by our team through a few clarification calls with the client for which the client happily agreed.
Cabinet Vision Millwork Drawing Process for This Project
After getting a complete clarity, ICW’s Cabinet Vision specialists decided on a streamlined approach to delivering the required outputs in its agreed quality without much of rework:
- Our team extracted the past project backup settings saved in the Cabinet Vision tool to understand the working methodology.
- The team developed the cabinet designs based on the dimensions and other details shared by the client.
- Keeping the sketch of the space in mind, our team customized the sizes and shapes, and so that they fit into the plan received from the client.
- The visualizations with appropriate color and textures and the bill-of-material document were all internally quality checked.
- The final files were shared with the client in PDF and.CVJ file formats.
Adherence to Timelines and Cost Saving Were the Major Takeaways for the Client
Assigning the project to a dedicated team of three millwork drawing experts, IndiaCADworks ensured to deliver at least five projects every week, which was highly appreciated by the client. Along with 30-40% cost saving compared to the industry rates, the client also expressed their satisfaction with our expertise in Cabinet Vision services and how even none of the drawings needed a rework. If you have a similar millwork drawing project, ICW would be happy to assist. Contact us today.