Scan to BIM Services
IndiaCADworks (ICW) is an expert provider of scan to BIM services that offers conversion of a point cloud or laser survey scans to BIM 3D models. Providing services to a variety of clients, ICW has worked for building contractors, MEP companies, architects, surveyors and structural engineers across the globe.
The scan to BIM engineers at IndiaCADworks works closely with the clients to understand their requirements and align the results with their end objectives. This is especially important when converting scans of existing buildings or structures to BIM or to provide as-built information post-construction. By understanding the scope and level of details required for the project, ICW also focuses on the areas that are to be renovated or retrofitted.
IndiaCADworks use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the accuracy and quality of the scanned BIM model. ICW’s surveyors use cloud point scan or 3D laser scanning rather than traditional survey techniques to improve the precision of the resulting BIM model.
IndiaCADworks’ Scan to BIM Services
IndiaCADworks has a wide range of scan to BIM services, which include but are not limited to the following:
- 3D Models from Laser-Scan Raw Data: If you already have survey data, IndiaCADworks’ engineers can create architectural and MEP models from it. ICW has all the software tools needed to carry out any of the lengthy conversions, checks, and drawings that may be required.
- 3D BIM Models in Revit: ICW’s engineers create precise 3D BIM models in Revit Architecture or Revit MEP. For example, 3D models can be created of hospitals or other municipal buildings in Revit Architecture, and the electrical and plumbing services that are contained within them can be created in Revit MEP.
- BIM Modelling Using Point Cloud Data: Scanned BIM models are useful for existing buildings, either to provide final as-builts or for retrofit or renovation purposes. The models include every structural and MEP element, including columns, beams, ceilings, floors, MEP fixtures, and fittings, etc.
- Information Extraction from BIM Models: The individual elements of the BIM model have data and properties embedded in them. For instance, a beam element may contain information on construction material, cross-section details, length, condition, and cost. ICW can extract data from the BIM model that can be used for future reference.
Scan to BIM Process at IndiaCADworks
- Discussion on Project Requirement, Design and Objectives: IndiaCADworks’ engineers take the time to fully understand the job requirements, the scope of work and the desired outcomes by having a through initial discussion with the client.
- 3D Laser Scanning: IndiaCADworks’ surveyors will carry out a 3D laser survey of all relevant locations, gathering all the required details. If the raw laser scan data or point cloud is provided by the client, then it is prepared into a format ready for conversion.
- Data Converted to a 3d Model: The engineers use their BIM expertise to generate an accurate 3D model in Revit that can be used by any design or construction parties that were defined in the initial consultation. Extra data and information will be added to the BIM elements, as required.
- QC Check and Validation of Completed BIM Model: Each stage, from scanning to generation of the model will be checked by senior staff, and any problems will be swiftly addressed before final delivery to the client, always within the agreed timescale.
Benefits of Outsourcing Scan to BIM to IndiaCADworks
The benefits of using IndiaCADworks as a BIM outsourcing company are as follows:
- Enhanced Visualization of Existing Structures: Fine-tuning of designs and smoother delivery of the overall project by creating 3D BIM models from laser scan or point cloud data instead of traditional survey methods, or CAD drawings.
- Fast Turnaround Time and Quality Deliverables by Experienced Engineers: With several years of experience working with laser scanning equipment and data, and converting it into workable BIM models, ICW ensured the BIM models accurate, quality-checked and delivered in time.
- Get the Deliverables that You Want: IndiaCADworks have a flexible and adaptable approach to scanning to BIM. We provide customized solutions for your clients’ unique requirements.
Fast and Accurate BIM Models from Point Cloud or Laser Survey Scans
IndiaCADworks’ engineers will carefully prepare data from 3D scans and generate precise BIM models that fit your needs, meaning you will get enhanced designs and easier construction. Outsourcing scan to BIM activities to ICW will save your team valuable time and effort, especially as the process of converting the data can be complicated and full of pitfalls. To discover more about IndiaCADworks’ scan to BIM services, fill out the contact form, and we will reach you with a custom quotation.
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.