CAD Migration Support Services
IndiaCADworks can help you develop a unified, single CAD platform for your projects. We respond to your needs of employing a new and high-end CAD system with advanced features that will suit your designs and engineering works.
CAD migration is a frequent need encountered and we can reduce your work stress resulting from issues of data compatibility, changes in software formats, process complexity. More than this, we will save you the time you would consume translating your CAD files from one software format to another format.
We have extended experience in planning and implementing CAD migration solutions, assuring model integrity. We can help you flawlessly transfer your data from the CAD system where the models were created to the new CAD system. We can also help you convert all your engineering drawing from paper drawings, scanned drawings, digitization and legacy data to the latest CAD systems and platforms. Our team delivers highest quality models that incorporate manufacturing and design intent to make future redesign steps easier.
The IndiaCADworks designers and engineers are proficient with various CAD software tools, such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Revit, ProE, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, MicroStation V8, Bentley, CATIA, Unigraphics/NX, Rhino.
CAD Software Format Migration
At IndiaCADworks, we offer specialized solutions for CAD data migration and validation. These include:
- CATIA V4/V5 import to SolidWorks This service is especially useful to subcontractors working with the automotive and aerospace industry. We analyze and repair the CATIA models to the requirements of SolidWorks. Whether you choose to translate the entire model or individual parts (points, edges, faces, solids, assemblies) we can help you complete your designs faster. We can be in charge of large automotive CATIA models and assemblies, reducing your hassle.
- Import of large files and assemblies into SolidWorks IndiaCADworks can respond to the need of importing and translating data back and forth between SolidWorks and other software. We offer support with eliminating all the possible errors, inadequacies or flaws when importing large STL 3D mesh and OBJ 3D mesh into SolidWorks. We can additionally help with the ‘Scan To 3D’ actions, with the conversion of 3D mesh files into .OBJ format, opting for the proper file format.
- Feature Based Data Translation into SolidWorks At IndiaCADworks, we make use of native CATIA V5 libraries for reading CATIA data. The original parts will be analyzed and qualified into FFO or AO as entity groups. The FFO (Free Form Objects) entity group can generally be expressed as NURBS and the AO (Analytical Objects) are expressed by the functions of plane, cylinder, sphere, cone, torus, surface, extrusion. The resulting hybrid models are ideal for the design of manufacturing tools, robot fixtures and others that need complex parts to be imported in SolidWorks.
- CATIA V4 to CATIA V5 migration When you need to upgrade your project files from CATIA V4 to CATIA V5, a large quantity of data is needed to be moved to the new system. CATIA V4 is compatible only with the UNIX operating system, whereas CATIA V5 runs on both UNIX and Microsoft Windows. The differences between the two operating systems bring issues that must be addressed to ensure the integrity of the data. We can do this V4 to V5 migration process either all-at-once or in phases, in the aim to prevent major interruption to your departments work.
- Large Data Sets - Batch Translation At IndiaCADworks, we offer the possibility of automatic batch translation. This is especially useful for translating large amounts of legacy data. We can set the batch translation mode to control all the steps of the translation process. Each translation model will be verified in the chosen translation software, and if any issues are encountered, there can be set an automatically recover after a user-defined time-out. All the problems will be logged with a time stamp for further verification and control.
- Exporting from SolidWorks to CATIA If you need to export a SolidWorks part to CATIA, our specialists can make use of additional software like FormatWorks or 3DTransVidia. We will firstly verify the parts compatibility with CATIA, then we will heal the model if required and only after that we will translate it into native CATIA format.
- Bi-directional CATIA-SW-CATIA This service of data translator allows SolidWorks users to work directly with CATIA V5 and V4. The result is data directly usable in the SolidWorks modeling session. Under this same service, we also convert SolidWorks data to CATIA V5 and V4 compatible files.
- CAD to Revit Although the CAD to Revit migration process might sound common and easy, the Revit program has its complications and the operation needs trained specialists. Based on your calculated parameters in CAD, with the help of Revit migration you will be able to compute all the mathematical calculations using complex algorithms.
- Data Migration to neutral standards STEP, JT, IGES: This service will make your data easier to access and share with all your collaborators and subcontractors. An advantage is that these formats are non-proprietary, meaning that no issue of legacy CAD data will arise again.
IndiaCADworks offers a wide range of solutions for working with imported data from one CAD software format to another. We will handle not only the conversion and migration of data formats, but also we will solve any incompatibilities that might appear. Once again, in the migration process, we can offer:
- Source data and target system assessment
- Migration of 3D models from legacy data to new CAD platform (including Geometric Migration, Complete Remodeling as per new design methodology, creation of 2D and 3D data from paper drawing and images)
- Migration and recreation of assemblies with positioning and assembly relationship
- Data validation and certification according to the design intent
- Post-delivery data integration with PDM system
We have significant experience in data migration for industries such as automotive, aerospace, heavy equipments, industrial machinery, medical equipments, marine and shipping, manufacturing, etc.
Outsourcing Process for CAD Migration
Through our reliable and robust CAD migration process, we help you reach your software migration needs.
- At first, we will analyze your project-based requirements and create a feasibility report through planning and scheduling. This includes effort estimations, resource allocation and schedule development.
- The second step is the automation of the migration process. This will include a re-mastering of geometry correction and a re-defining action to isolate to editable geometry. If needed, a re-structuring will also take place through applying the right standards, methodology, including the renaming and restructuring of elements.
- The third step is represented by the data validation and audit trails. At this stage we will insure the completeness and correctness of the geometry, we will validate the design intent and the data quality requirements.
Making use of our developed tools and technologies, we automate repetitive tasks to save time and minimize cost. We ensure data consistency and quality during CAD migration, through our three levels of quality control. You will get a perfectly validated data with a net effort savings associated with the CAD migration.
Benefits in Outsourcing to IndiaCADworks
Some of the benefits in outsourcing your CAD Migration work to IndiaCADworks are:
- Careful work across many different data types
- Migration services applied to projects of any size
- Accurate validation and checking of the migrated data
- Services tailored to suit your company needs
- Short time frame of implementation
- Provision of appropriate solutions to your legacy data
- Extended team with migration expertise
- High quality standards for geometry and methods
- Large repository of migration tools ready for deployment
With the help of IndiaCADworks you will have significant savings in migration drawings. Whether you encounter acquisitions issues, mergers, legacy drawing, different CAD platforms, different versions of the same CAD platform or different documentation standards, we are here to offer our support. Acknowledging that every project is different, every solution that we offer is tailored on your requirements.
Choose CAD Migration from IndiaCADworks
We can provide any further information you might need on your CAD Data Migration. Contact us to discuss and receive solutions on your requirements. Contact IndiaCADworks!