An European Automotive Parts and Assemblies Manufacturer Gets Value-Based Service for 2D Drawings and Saves its Costs by 44%
The client is a leading automotive parts and assemblies manufacturer based in Europe
The client intended to streamline its operation by employing a solution to address its 2D drawing requirements. It was examining the possibilities of outsourcing drawings to a reputed offshore vendor, which could provide a solution that seamlessly integrated with its production processes resulting in higher efficiency owing to less disruption in the production process.
The client technical requirements were:
- 2D detailing of parts and assemblies as per ANSI Y14.5
- 2D drawings that enabled sectional views, projection views, detailed views, and auxiliary views
- Tolerance task analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T)
The challenges that the project posed on our team were manifold. Major among them were:
- Accumulating necessary resources to meet the goal of completing the project in 4.5 months for 1000 machine parts
- Training available resources to conform to the client's quality standards
The IndiaCADWorks Solution
The team at IndiaCADworks embarked on a holistic approach by focusing on all aspects of the project in order to align it with client requirements.
- Ensured that the standards for 2D detailing set by the client were adhered to from the commencement till the end of the project
- Ramped up operation to enable the delivery of the project within the stipulated time
- Followed the 'train the trainer' model to ascertain there was strict adherence to client-defined quality norms
The client benefited immensely by outsourcing the project to IndiaCADworks, as was evident from its results:
- The client witnessed cost savings of up to 44%
- The project review was conducted on a day-to-day basis resulting in higher transparency and efficiency
- The client was able to procure value-based service for its 2D drawing, detailing, and tolerance task analysis requirement
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.