ICW Helped German Company with Shadow Board Modeling in a Short Notice and Sealed a Long-term Partnership
About Our German Client
The client is in the Aviation and Airlines industry in Germany and has over five years of successful operation. With a unique approach to CAD/CAM processes for Shadow Board and Foam inlay design and manufacturing, the client’s core strategy is to provide their customers with the ability to do real-time Shadow Board designs.
In need of designing and developing ergonomic, organized, and ready to manufacture Shadow Boards, the client wanted to partner with an experienced outsourcing agency who could handle a project of this caliber. The project specifications included the development of the 3D modeling of the Shadow Boards, along with the corresponding dimension details.
Additional project requirements would include the application of Lean Management and other design principles, to convert the images to Shadow Boards. Lean Management is the approach of process optimization aimed at the efficient design of the industrial production.
After learning of IndiaCADwork’s (ICW) reputation as an expert in 3D Modeling, the client contacted the ICW sales team and decided to contract our services due to the following:
- Expertise in 3D Modeling and detailing, and prior exposure to industrial manufacturing industries.
- The advanced knowledge base of the engineering instruments and materials needed to understand the dimensions fulfilling the purpose.
- Ability to meet the client’s requested scheduling demands for all project components, and keep an open line of communication at all times.
Challenges Faced by ICW
ICW’s team had to overcome a few key challenges over the duration of this particular 3D Modeling
- The most significant challenge ICW dealt with was the very tight deadline, which was extremely challenging due to the amount of detailing and the number of project elements.
- Additional time was devoted to conducting supplemental research to ensure that the assignment could be best approached with an advanced level of supportive knowledge.
ICW’s Customized Approach to this Project
A customized approach to the Shadow Board 3D modeling project process was developed by ICW to ensure all variables would be handled successfully:
- An initial discussion was coordinated between ICW and the client to go over all assignment requests, and the client sent over the requisite input in the form of engineering instrument images.
- As this was an ongoing, long-term project with a high volume, ICW assembled a team with a full-time allocation engagement model.
- The dimensions of the instruments had to be accurately determined, either derived from ICW’s engineering expertise of the instruments, or from the client’s input. A rough model was then developed that indicated how the Shadowbox would fit all the instruments.
- ICW sent the rough model over to the client for feedback and approval.
- Following client approval, the 3D model was developed, featuring all the necessary dimension details, and was sent to the client.
- Depending on suggestions from the client, the ICW team addressed specific minor changes in the 3D model in an ongoing process.
Exceptional Steps Taken to Meet the Client Requirements
ICW strived to exceed the client’s expectations for quality and best practices, which is why the following exceptional steps were taken:
- ICW managed to keep the turnaround time within 24 hours, and further accommodated the client’s requirements by delivering the products in a fast turnaround time.
- The team converted the 3D files to Shadow Boards and worked closely with the client to handle wide varieties of input to be converted into prototypes and final Shadow Boards.
Software Used over the Course of the Services
How the Client Benefitted
ICW was pleased to have concluded a unique assignment successfully, and extended the following results to the client:
- ICW was continuously and consistently supportive to the client over the course of this ongoing project, aiding the client in expanding their business to the United States and becoming a valued long-term partner.
- The work contributed to a 2.5X increase in ICW’s total work in the past four months.
Note: References available on request