ICW Provided Detailed Low Poly 3D Models and Helped Completing Million Dollar Virtual Gaming Project
Our Client – Budapest Based Game Developer
As a cutting-edge Virtual Game Developer based out of Budapest, the client is at the forefront of a fast-paced, rapidly growing industry. They create a range of interactive games across various platforms, including console and PC based systems. Utilizing Virtual Reality (VR) capabilities, the client is striving to continue developing innovative new games and gaming accessories.
Requirements for Low Poly Game Models
With new product development underway, the client needed Low Poly models to utilize within their VR gaming and headsets. The client wanted to provide input in the form of CAD files that contained floor plans and elevation and required a reputable outsourcing firm to provide Low Poly models of the game environment.
Having previously worked with IndiaCADworks (ICW) on several small projects, ICW was the client’s first choice to partner with once again for this important assignment due to the following reasons:
- Cost-effectiveness, consistent quality, transparent communication, and in time delivery demonstrated by the ICW team on the previous projects.
- Prior exposure to the gaming industry.
- Ability to complete the entire Low Poly modeling project within the expected deadline, including any necessary modifications.
Challenges Faced by ICW
The engineering team at IndiaCADworks met with few unique challenges during this Low Poly modeling assignment:
- The client didn’t provide separate DWG files, and also provided the imported files in 3DSMax. Therefore the exact resolution couldn’t be determined. AutoCAD files would have been an ideal alternative and provided an improved output quality.
- ICW had to perform some additional research to augment the existing knowledge base, which took additional time.
ICW’s Customized Approach to this Project
ICW created a customized process for this VR gaming based Low Poly modeling project, ensuring that all elements could be addressed most efficiently without sacrificing quality levels:
- The ICW team discussed the project requirements and kept the communication open for the client to suggest additional details.
- ICW assigned one highly skilled resource to work exclusively on this project, with a plan to complete two models per day.
- The client sent over the CAD files containing the 2D floor plan and elevations, which was imported to Autodesk 3ds Max.
- The ICW team began building the appropriate structural components, including the doors, windows, and walls, etc. in 3ds Max format.
- Our engineers then provided the .fbx to be used in the 3D animation software, as well as .3ds files as output.
- This was delivered to the client for review and once approved; the project was closed.
The Client Benefitted by In-time Release of Their New Game
ICW was pleased to complete another successful project for a valued client, and was able to deliver the following results:
- The client personally contacted ICW to offer praise for the affordable and professional outcome, which exceeded their quality benchmarks.
- The client was able to release their new VR gaming products within their intended schedule thanks to ICW’s swift management of all project deliverables.
- ICW enjoyed working on a unique Low Poly modeling project for the gaming industry and was able to add another successful case story to our achievements.
- Additionally, ICW partnered with the client on more, on-going assignments.
Note: References available on request
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.