2D to 3D Conversion of Engineering Drawings for Italy Based Energy Equipment Manufacturer
The Client - Leading Manufacturer of Valves and Parts for the Energy Industry
Based in Italy, our client is a leading manufacturer of valves for the energy industry. The firm is headquartered in Milan, with a strong global presence and over 500 employees. For over 60 years, the firm has been delivering safe and efficient flow control solutions to their worldwide consumer base in the oil and gas industry.
Requirements for the 3D Modeling Project
Our team was required to develop 3D models of existing 2D PDF drawings of various valves, joints, connectors, flanges, and several other machine parts. With 200 drawings to be converted per week, we needed to scale up our team to meet the client’s expectations.
Challenges Faced by Our Engineering Team
We experienced some difficulties in understanding the product and in delivering thousands of 3D model conversions in a relatively short space of time. After assigning six dedicated resources as well as 1 QC person, and 1 Team Leader, we were able to rise to the challenge and complete the project in record time.
Our Detailed 3D Modeling Process
Our team dove headfirst into this challenging project. With so many 3D models to be converted within a tight deadline, we were determined to provide the client with stellar results. We scaled up our team to be able to meet the client’s expectations, and developed a customized step-wise process that helped to keep the team on track:
- Our team received the input PDFs through secure FTP.
- Based on the complexity of the files received and the expected number of 3D models per week, the team leader worked out the expected timeline and assigned tasks to each team member.
- Our modeling experts created a SolidWorks model and generated the SolidWorks file with the necessary details.
- The first drawing of each file was shared with the client, leaving room for comments and improvements.
- Based on the client’s feedback, the rest of the files were passed on to the team for processing.
- A thorough quality check was performed by the team leader.
- Finally, a random quality check was completed by the manager and the final files sent to the client for approval.
By scaling up our team, we were able to meet the client’s high expectations. Despite a few initial challenges related to an understanding of the product, we were able to develop detailed, accurate 3D models that impressed the client.
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.