IndiaCADworks Provided Material Take Off Details to a US-based Company with Over 98% Accuracy
About Our US-based Client
Boasting over 110 locations across the United States and Canada, the client offers one of the most diverse selections of industrial services and equipment, including rental, lease, and purchase plans. With a growing system of worldwide distributors, the client provides high-performance solutions such as Access and Scaffolding, Insulation and Fireproofing, and Surface Preparations and Coatings.
The MTO Requirements by the Client
The client needed support for Material take off (MTO) jobs from their drawings, and wanted to partner with an experienced outsourcing firm who could deliver affordable, quality results. Deliverables would include the quantity of materials that are incorporated in the client’s drawings for Bill of Material purposes.
After learning of IndiaCADworks’ (ICW) reputation as a trusted provider of outsourcing solutions, the client spoke with the ICW sales team and business development manager, and contracted ICW’s services due to the following:
- Ability to follow global standards like ISO and Metric for all qualifying material requirements.
- Capable of meeting the client’s strict timeline for all deliverables, and following a communication protocol for keeping the client updated throughout the course of the services.
- Ability to provide highly skilled, knowledgeable engineers with proven experience handling MTO projects.
Challenges Faced During the Project
The ICW team dealt with some key challenges during the course of these unique MTO services:
- Complicated drawings presented a challenge with consideration to the time constraints of the MTO deadline.
- Incorporating the client’s vision and objectives from their drawings were also particularly time-consuming.
- The client required frequent communication and updates regarding the project status, which had to be accommodated promptly.
ICW’s Approach for This MTO Detailing Project
To effectively overcome all the challenges related to this MTO project, and ensure an intelligent process was developed, ICW designed a customized approach:
- Following an initial consultation with the client to solidify the project requirements, ICW assembled a team of six engineers to work exclusively on this assignment.
- The client was then notified that the team size would be scaled to better accommodate the volume size and short project deadline.
- Input was sent over in the form of drawings in PDF format, and the ICW engineers calculated the material details and recorded them in Excel sheets.
- The ICW team’s prior experience and knowledge of engineering calculations and visualizations played a crucial role in factoring in accurately estimating the MTO drawings.
- ICW delivered the MTO details to the client on time, and without the need for any modifications.
Project Outcome with Over 98% Accuracy
ICW’s engineering expertise and rigorous quality control standards were critical to completing this project successfully, and delivering the following results:
- The client was impressed with ICW’s transparent process and communication level and offered praise for the 98% accuracy of quality that ICW achieved.
- Additionally, the client was satisfied that there was no delivery delay and that ICW saved 4 minutes per drawing in comparison to industry standards.
- Being extremely pleased with ICW, the client secured our services for an additional project and would recommend our services to others.
- ICW secured a high profile client and established a long-term professional relationship with a highly satisfied customer.
Note: References available on request