An US based Renewable Energy Products’ Supplier Reaps Exceptional Engineering Support Services and Witnesses 50% Cost Reduction
The client is a leading provider of Renewable Energy Product Development in the USA. Its business encompassed a spectrum of services required for the development and long-term operation of wind and solar energy parts.
Situation - Business challenges
The client's need centered on the acquiring engineering support services from an offshore partner in the areas of Drafting, Detailing, 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis.
The client required fabrication drawings and stress analysis to be performed on a prototype hub crane - lifting tool used in industries, and calculate the product's working load limit rating- to determine the maximum load that can be exerted on the industrial equipment.
The challenges that we had to face during the course of the project were:
- The client wanted the maximum stress on the lifting tool to be less than 83.3 N/mm2
- Rough concept sketches with dimension details were provided to us by the client, and the output was to be delivered as 2D manufacturing drawings, 3D models and Stress Analysis Report.
- Employing expert engineers with good skills on SolidWorks 2012 and ANSYS to develop the manufacturing drawings and 3D models, and to conduct stress analysis
- Conducting stress analysis using ANSYS in keeping with the client's requirement
- Ensuring stringent quality procedures to meet the quality standards set by our client
The IndiaCADWorks Solution
Our solution, after a sound analysis of client requirement, comprised the following elements:
- Developing manufacturing drawings and 3 models using SolidWorks 2012. This included:
- 2D fabrication drawings of the Hub Crane
- 3D models of the Hub Crane
- Proceeding with the stress analysis after the client's review and approval
- Using ANSYS to conduct the technical processes involved in stress analysis. A team of engineers was engaged to carry out this operation.
- Redesigning the tool model as suggested by the client, after the stress analysis reported deviations from the required benchmark. Based on the loading conditions provided by the client, the maximum stress had to be less than 33% of the yield stress.
- Adding welded reinforcement plates around the welded joint area prior to performing the second stress analysis on the redesigned model of the lifting tool
- Reporting the success of the stress analysis that met the stress requirement of 83.3 N/mm2
- The client witnessed cost savings of up to 50 %
- The client was able to leverage on the competency of our staff, which possessed relevant knowledge and skills to meet the demands of the project.
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.