An US based Auto Manufacturing Company Reduces Functional Costs by 40% and Overall Estimated Time by 32% by Unifying CAD System
The client is an US based auto part manufacturing company specialized in the manufacturing of automotive parts, sheet metal components and auto parts assemblies.
The Business Situation:
As per the recent economic reports, Computer Aided Design (CAD) is the one system that all types of manufacturers for any product should consider standardizing to reap strategic benefits that also helps them gain effective budgetary savings. Similarity, even the client referred in this case study, required unifying their CAD processes into a single system and we were consulted for the same requirement.
The challenges encountered during the work progression were:
- To provide a cost-effective and time-saving solution that enables client to merge all their drawings developed on 3 different CAD platforms into single unified latest CAD design platform
- To design a tailor-made solution that helps client to transform the entire process for product development, and streamline the efficiency of individual steps included in the process
- To provide the best-in-class functionality for unified CAD system on-time that aids client choose the right platform and migrate from the existing set of CAD processes
We considered the following aspects in a meeting organized for experts to draft the final solution based the client’s specifications:
- We deployed a team of experienced CAD professionals with high competency and experience in handling similar projects upon clear-cut understanding of all the processes and steps in manufacturing auto spares and assemblies.
- We carried out an extensive research to understand the latest updates in the current market and suggested ‘Autodesk Inventor 2012’ as the right platform to unify the entire CAD processes.
- We proposed a free trial work to classify 2D and 3D drawings based on their complexities and set the estimated time for defined quantity.
- The client experienced net savings in functional costs by 40% and 32% reduction in the overall estimated time.
- The client was able to reveal the benefits of ease of design collaboration and reuse of CAD models, share best practices, and unify product development processes and data across the enterprise flawlessly.
- Our Standardized and unified solution helped the client to enable a “design anywhere and build anywhere” strategy, and accelerate production cycle times effectively.
- The client was able to bring proper coordination among cross-discipline teams and accelerate decision-making process.
Note: References available on request
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.