3D Inventor Modeling for Australian Engineering Consultant
The Client - Australian Engineering Consulting Firm
Our client, based in Australia, is a privately owned and operated company that provides engineering consulting services to both small and large organizations in several industries including mining, manufacturing, agriculture, government, defense, rolling stock and engineering.
The client required assistance with 3D inventor modeling of sheet metal cabinets. IndiaCADworks, armed with several years’ worth of expertise, was the ideal outsourcing project for this type of project.
Requirements for 3D Inventor Modeling
In the first phase of this project, the client needed ICW’s team of experts to model 300 sheet metal cabinets. The client provided us with scanned copies of the metal cabinets, which we used to complete the reverse engineering process to develop detailed 3D models for mass production.
Challenges Faced by ICW’s Team
To overcome the hurdle of completing such an enormous number of models within an extremely tight timeline, we needed to ramp up our resources right from the very beginning of the project. We assigned a team of 5 dedicated resources to complete the 300 3D models in two working days.
3D Modeling Process by IndiaCADworks
To tackle this project with the appropriate speed and attention to detail, our team developed the following step-wise process:
- The client sent us the scanned copies of the cabinets along with detailed instructions related to the expected final model of one.
- To develop a thorough understanding of the requirements for this project, we set up meetings with the client.
- We set about forming a team of expert designers and drafters.
- Using Inventor 2018 software, our team was able to complete the design review and detailing process according to the client’s precise specifications.
- We made sure to follow the client’s predefined, in-depth quality control checklist.
- All 300 3D models were delivered to the client well within the 2-day deadline.
The client enjoyed the benefit of significant cost-savings. We offered an extremely affordable rate despite the tight deadline - a rush order which many other outsourcing providers would have charged extra for. Because we were not only accommodating but also extremely accurate and efficient, we expect to work with the client on several other 3D modeling projects in the future.
Note: References available on request