Canadian Glass Wall Solutions Firm Leverages IndiaCADworks’ Quantity Take Off Service To Complete Over 200 Projects in Three Months
The client is an award-winning market-driven organization based in Canada that provides aesthetically comprehensive glass wall solutions for office spaces. The firm extends a range of seven uniquely designed product lines that feature demountable glass partitions, telescoping doors, demising wall systems, free-standing pods, etc.
With a commitment to R&D and eco-friendly design, the client offers end-to-end solutions catering to a widespread client base across North America and Europe.
Requirement for Quantity Take Off (QTO)
The client needed a team of architects and civil engineering professionals with experience in quantity take-off and preparation of production cut lists. The requirement included a dedicated team of resources that could interpret glass shop drawings and deliver accurate quantity extraction lists consistently.
The client learned about IndiaCADworks (ICW) from the website and offered the project based on our extensive experience in providing high-precision QTO support.
ICW developed a unique procedural approach to meet the project requirements ensuring accuracy and consistency. The steps involved in the project execution are:
- Assigned a team of three dedicated estimators experienced in quantity take-off and preparation of production cut list
- The team received architectural/glass shop drawings and quantity take-off templates as input
- Internal training sessions by the client were conducted to familiarize the team with product specifications, interpretation of glass shop drawings, and the project workflow
- The team used AutoCAD to refer to the dimensions indicated within the shop drawings
- The quantity take-off sheets were shared through SharePoint
- On approval, the team was scaled up to six dedicated estimators delivering seven projects per estimator weekly
By collaborating with the experienced team of estimators at ICW, the client received production cut lists with 95% accuracy, which helped them complete their glass wall system projects successfully. In addition, the client accomplished time-consuming quantity take-off tasks by outsourcing them, thereby saving on the cost of hiring in-house resources.
To further streamline their workflow and leverage ICW’s comprehensive experience in drafting, the client intends to delegate their drafting and detailing tasks to our team in the coming months.
If you are looking for an outsourcing partner for a similar quantity estimation project on an ad-hoc or long-term basis, reach out to us for a custom quote today!