Retail Space Planning for Popular Clothing Retailer in the US
Our Client - Popular Clothing Retailer
Based in the US, our client is a well-known off-price apparel retailer operating in more than 560 stores spanning across 45 states. The firm offers a wide variety of fashion-forward, top quality, name-brand clothing at a discount of up to 65% in comparison to other popular retailers.
Requirements for the Retail Space Planning Project
The client needed IndiaCADworks’ assistance in a space planning project with the end objective of expanding their stores. Our main task was to work on schematic designs at the starting point of the store design process.
With the aim of completing designs for 650 stores in 2 months, we needed to assign a team of dedicated resources with enough expertise to tackle the job.
Challenges that Our Team Overcame
The main challenge we faced was tight turnaround time. Completing detailed schematic designs for 650 stores in around eight weeks is a monumental task for most teams. However, we assigned a team of 7 experts who were able to handle the project efficiently and professionally.
The Retail Space Planning Process that We Followed
With a team of highly experienced AutoCAD professionals working round the clock to complete the space planning task, we developed a fully customized step-wise process:
- At the onset of the project, the client sent us the store layouts with fully comprehensive build area details.
- Our team took the time to study the existing store design as well as the proposed design.
- Once we had gained some thorough insights, our team needed to validate the inputs.
- The blueprint and Excel sheet contained the department names and number of cells.
- After taking a look at the project files, we completed the zoning process and gained approval.
- Departmental layouts were completed as per the client’s blueprints.
- Our teams needed to calculate the number of cells as per the provided KPIs, which related to the target number of shelves vs. those achieved.
- We received final approval from the client and continued with the updating and delivery of the final layout.
- After fitting the elements in the accurate places, we developed a schematic design for the client.
Our team was able to complete the project within an extremely tight deadline and at a reasonable cost to the client. The dedication and efficiency we showed proved that we are 100% committed to customer satisfaction.
Note: References available on request