IndiaCADworks Assists Belgian Quantity Surveyor and Architectural Firm with 3D Models for High-Value Residential Infrastructure
The Client- Top Quantity Surveying and Architecture Firm
The client is a quantity surveying and architecture firm based in Belgium.As experts in the quantity surveying industry, they use both traditional and innovative techniques to assist their customers with measurements and scanning, mapping projects, and 3D indoor and outdoor scanning.
They also make use of CAD drawings, GIS, data mapping, and drone inspections to assist their customers with common surveying projects such as allotments, height measurements, and terrain profiling.
Requirements for the Scan to BIM Project
The client had taken on a huge project in Europe which required them to create 3D models of old residential buildings for renovation or retrofitting and possible recreation in the future. Having done some research online, the client found IndiaCADworks (ICW) and was impressed by our over two decades of experience with Revit and AutoCAD. The client requested that we assist with the creation of 3D models of the residential buildings and 2D drawings of the floor plans, elevations, and sections of the buildings using scan data, Google maps images, dimensions, and sketches (all of which would be provided by the client) for reference.
Challenges Faced by the ICW Team
The team’s main challenges were analyzing the scanned images provided by the client and architecturally visualizing the buildings in order to create the 2D drawings and 3D models required.
Our Detailed Revit Modeling Process
The step-by-step process followed by IndiaCADworks for this project:
- The client requested our assistance with the creation of 3D models of the residential buildings and 2D drawings of the floor plans, elevations, and sections of the buildings using scan data, Google maps images, dimensions, and sketches (all of which would be provided by the client) for reference.
- It was estimated that each task within this project would take between 10 and 12 hours to complete. With a build area of 1500 - 3000 square feet, the project would be divided into 50 tasks. The delivery timeline for each task would be 1 - 2 working days. The duration of the project was estimated at 2 months and it was decided that a team of two members would complete the project.
- The following resources were requested from the client: scan data, Google maps images, dimensions, and sketches of the residential buildings. These would all be used as references for the 2D drawings and 3D models.
- The client provided scan data and PDF copies of this data.
- The team reviewed the scanned images and requested photographs of specific sections of the building, along with dimensions if the scanned images were not clear enough.
- The team created the 3D models in Revit and used AutoCAD to create the 2D drawings of the floor plans, elevations, and sections of the buildings.
- The final products were delivered to the client.
Significant Cost Saving for the Client from This Scan to BIM Project
The client was impressed with the quality of the deliverable and the quick turnaround time. Adhering to the project schedule, the ICW team helped the client stick to their objectives. Also, the client was able to save on recruitment costs by outsourcing these services and not hiring a full-time member of staff for the duration of the project.
Note: References available on request
IndiaCADworks successfully completed custom furniture modeling project that involves both modeling as well as generating perspective views in modern office backgrounds.
IndiaCADworks worked on joinery drawings for an Australian home owner involving detailed drawing for Common Bathrooms, Master Bedroom Bath, Lower Ground Floor Bath, Home Office, Theatre, and Lower Ground TV.